Thursday, March 12, 2009

Blogging blahs

I totally don't feel like blogging lately...don't know why. But I thought I should update something for those of you who keep checking to see if anything is new around here.


A funny "Joyce" moment during our Mexican holiday:

I accidently wore two different shoes out to dinner while in Mexico. I didn't know which shoes looked better with my dress, so I put one on each foot to get Rob's opinion. He never answered me, and I was busy running around finishing getting ready, so I forgot all about it...and left the hotel room. It was only AFTER dinner (after walking around the buffet multiple times to get my food, Hudson's food, second helpings, dessert and coffee!), when I was saying goodbye to Audrey, that she looked down at my feet and asked me why I was wearing two different shoes. OMG we all peed our pants laughing.


Another "Joyce" moment was when I accidently gave Hudson an alcoholic drink. The hostess handed me a blue cocktail as we walked into the restaurant one night. I took a sip and honestly it just tasted like fruity juice. So I gave it to Hudson to drink. He loved it. Rob eyed me suspiciously and asked if I was sure it didn't have any alcohol. I adamently said I was POSITIVE there was no alcohol in it. Turns out I was wrong...when I returned to the hostess for a second drink...I handed it to Hudson in front of her and she abruptly stopped me and said "NO! Alcohol!". Oh dear. He was a little glassy-eyed for the rest of the evening, but no harm done. What's funnier about this story how Hudson repeatedly asked for "Blue Jus" for the rest of our holiday.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You seem to have a lot of funny stories from vacations. Remember what happened when you saw the cockroach in the bathroom when we were in the Dominican? HAHAHA!

You have the best blogs Joyce!

More blue juice please!

Nat

Unknown said...

That's hilarious! Both stories...The shoes and pedicure is nice though. hahaha!

Audrey said...

Yes those were funny moments. I still laugh when I remember the Dominican cockroach moment. Haha.
Blue Jus Hudson?

Roz said...

hahahah

both stories are great, but i love the blue juice one - i would have totally said the same thing to Mat..."i'm sure!"

Susan said...

Staring at your feet was TOOOOOO FUNNY!! I think we did pee our pants! Rob, pay attention the next time Joyce asks you a question...

As for the "Blu juss"; poor Hudson's going to have lots of stories about his Mama later on, "Remember Mom, when you made me drunk and I was only 2..."

Angella said...

Now I want some Blue Juice...

Cindy said...

I probably would have done the exact same thing... For both stories! Heehee blue juice. Tristan accidentally drank a couple sips of my sisters OJ and vodka (we thought it was his oj, same cups) and when we finally figured out what we'd done, he would no longer drink just the OJ, he wanted the other one!