Thursday, October 02, 2008

you're not the boss of me!

I was barely awake more than 12 minutes this morning when...

- Rob asks me to make him coffee since he was running late for work (again). If he knew he wouldn't get in trouble he'd have added "NOW! NOW WOMAN!"

- Hudson bellows at me to get him "uhhhhsssss" (aka juice), "uhhhhssss" "uhhhhhsssssss!!!" If he knew how to say it, he would be saying "NOW! NOW WOMAN!"

- Bosco starts barking at me to feed him breakfast...quietly at first, then when he sees I'm ignoring him, choosing to continue drinking my coffee, his barks get progressively louder. If I understood DOG, I know he would be saying "NOW! NOW WOMAN!"

When the hell did everyone become the boss of me?!?

8 comments:

Susan said...

All I can say is that I understand... and no... it will not get better since we're too accomodating, thus sacrificing ourselves in the end... Maybe, we'll be reincarnated as MEN to avenge ourselves

Shannon said...

When I was a kid, I heard about a survey that said the phrase mom's like to hear the most was "what's for dinner mom?" I thought it was bizarre, but being a brat, kept saying it to my mum because she "supposedly" liked to hear it. Let's just say I was sorely mistaken, and got to do all the cooking from then on.

Here's hoping Rob brings home take out for dinner.

Audrey said...

Oh Joyce. I always feel like that too. I feel like a maid/cook most days. I remind James that even live in nannies get at least 1 day off. Not that I ever get it.

Susan said...

Hey Audrey, better than your "Nanny" comment, I had recently told C. that "...at least if we were seperated, I'd get every 2nd weekend off..."
He chose not to comment...

Kaili said...

Nice comments ladies! Haha! We need a Mommy STRIKE!!!

Anonymous said...

What I want to know is if any one else's hubby's seem to only be able to watch the kids, and NOTHING else, when they "watch" the kids....God love him, but if I get a night "off", I still come home to dirty dishes, food left out, bath towels on the floor and a full dishwaher...maybe us women really are amazing multitaskers....

Sonia said...

I agree with Susan, we are WAY too accomodating and inadvertently end up "training" our men to expect all the things we do around the house and for the children.

Women should get 1 day a week where we don't have to do anything. No clean up, no laundry no cooking, just a "me" day. I know, I know...it's not going to happen. But, I can dream, can't I? LOL

Susan said...

Ahh Sonia... of course we'd be allowed a "Me Only" day. The only problem would be to work double time the NEXT day to clean up everything that didn't get done...:)