Hudson is 9 months old. He's been sleeping in our bed since my dad's anneurysm. It originally started because we had many people staying with us in the beginning, and we didn't want him to wake everyone up when he cried in the middle of the night. Especially since everyone was already so stressed and lacking sleep. Almost 5 months later...he's still sleeping with us. And every night, I say that it's going to be his last...that he's going to go in his crib...but...it's hasn't happened yet.
And it's going to be hard.
1. cloud-like memory foam mattress topper
2. 400 thread count, egyptian cotton sheets
3. down filled comforter
4. feather pillows
5. snuggles with mama and papa
6. boob on demand
1. plastic mattress that makes crinkling noise with every movement
2. cotton sheets with no mention of thread count...can't be good
3. polyester filled comforter
4. no pillows (not safe for babies)
5. snuggles with stuffed animals
6. wake up and cry for boob
he's no dummy...there's no comparison.
and this morning...i woke up to find his head on my pillow. i always put him in the middle of us, in the middle of the bed, with his head on the mattress. i felt him squirming, moving around a bit, but i just ignored him and kept sleeping. i guess he managed to squirm his head up to the pillow. he looked so cute and comfy.
9 months old and I'm still breastfeeding and co-sleeping. who would have thunk it?