Saturday, October 14, 2006

Nesting...a whole other level of psycho

I think I've lost my marbles. I have taken "NESTING", which I know is a very common symptom of the third trimester of pregnancy...to a whole other level. For weeks I have been thinking of all the baby stuff I need to buy/clean/set-up/organize...etc. before the arrival of my little one. I often wake up in the middle of the night and have another item that I feel compelled to add to "my list". All still pretty "normal" as far as the nesting instinct goes. Then today...I went a little "Monica" from Friends. I drew a diagram of the nursery (still presently Rob's office) on a piece of paper...TO SCALE. Measured all the pieces of furniture that will eventually be put in the room (i.e. the crib, change table, chair, book case)...drew them TO SCALE on my post-it notes (so they are sticky), and cut them out...so I could move them around on my nursery diagram and see where the ideal furniture placement of the room would be!!! And to sound even more psycho...it was so FUN for me! ha ha ha...at least I can amuse myself in my craziness...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun, yes. Crazy, definitely! So sounds like you are pretty much set except for the dresser, eh?

Kaili said...

Wacko!!! Have fun nesting, but take it easy too, you need lots of energy for Baby. :)
Need to see more belly pics.!

Anonymous said...

Sounds familiar - I was just at that stage a week ago!

Anonymous said...

O.K....as your best friend I feel compelled to let you know that I feel you may want to go to the doctor and get checked out...this person you are describing, into decorating and drawing things to "scale" is WAY to Martha Stewart for the Joyce I know. Who are you and what have you done to my friend? That's it, I'm putting my money on girl because there's no way testosterone would be affecting you like this....just kidding!!!! Well, not about the girl part, but, the rest. Glad to hear your doing good, sweatpants and all, I hear you sista!

Cindy said...

Wow! Drawing furniture to scale? Is this what I have to look forward to? Oh well, as long as you amuse yourself that's all that matters!