Wednesday, February 19, 2014

one year hiatus?!?

Feels strange to be here again...

but I just read one of my favorite blogs tonight...and she wrote that her reason for blogging was to remember.  "This is my journal, a detailed account of many of my feelings across a continuum of deep personal growth and a time of whip-lashing change". http://flowerpatchfarmgirl.blogspot.ca/#sthash.JFyOslc4.dpuf

I get it.  I've reread some of my past posts, and it enables me to remember moments of my life that would otherwise probably never be worthy of bringing to mind.  Mundane memories that no one, but maybe those who know and love me, might care about.  I used to blog as a way to keep in touch with family and friends.  Then Facebook came along, and it was so much faster and easier at showing everyone what was happening in our lives.  But then the novelty of that wore off too, and before I knew it, more than a year had passed with almost no pictures to show for what we've been up to.  My epiphany:  don't wait to capture something extraordinary.  I am better off taking pictures of our regular, boring, ol' life...photographs that document how fast my boys are growing.  To remember.

 Hudson lost his first tooth today.  It was a TOTAL surprise considering it was barely loose.  Seriously, it didn't wiggle at all.  Hudson noticed it was a bit loose a couple of weeks ago, but it remained the same since.  It was a tiny bit loose if you really really tried to get it to move.  It came out when he was eating an apple this morning.  Being the spaz I am, I freaked out with pure, loud JOY...causing Rob to think I was informing him that we won the lottery! 

 I want my boys to feel like we celebrate their milestones, however small they might be.


My sweet, sensitive Hudson.  He was torn between leaving his first tooth out for the Tooth Fairy to collect, or to keep it for himself as a memento! Really?!?  The conversations I never thought I'd have with my kid!   After a looong time, and a few tears, he decided to put it out for the Tooth Fairy.


I am glad we captured this moment, because I'm 100% positive that when Hudson is a teenager, he wouldn't have believed us that he cried real tears that he didn't want to part with his first, lost, tooth. 




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My beautiful growing boy! I love the way he thinks and that he is sensitive and to him emotions really matter. Love you Hudson. Stay golden.
Your Dad.

Audrey said...

Thank you for updating your blog sister! Love the pictures of the kids.

Way to go, Hudson!! You lost your first tooth!!!! So awesome!

BTW...it was TWO years since your last post. xoxo