Tuesday, December 14, 2010

20 months

is how long it's been since i've lived in my own house.

20 months since i've slept in my own bed.
20 months since i've drank out of my own favorite mug.
20 months since i've had all my clothes, shoes, jewellery, things, in one location.
20 months since i've eaten my breakfast in my underwear (i've tried to at my mother's house, and she yells at me to put on more clothes...not because she's a prude, but because she still believes that you can get sick from dressing too cold!)

it's these simple things that i miss the most. the things that make a house a home.

but if home is where the heart is...

then i guess i shouldn't complain...

because, look at these two...




they make this situation bearable.







4 comments:

Audrey said...

20 months is a long time sister. Hang in there. You guys are almost in your own home.

And yes, your two boys are gorgeous. Love Hudson's snowman. That's such a great idea to use those lego pieces on the snowman. Looks too colorful and fun.
And that picture of Devin is beautiful. Love his rosy cheeks.

I just saw your message on Facebook to Rob. Does that mean that you are on the south shore right now?
xoxo

Shannon said...

OMG that's a while! When will you be moving in? Hopefully soon so it'll be an awesome New Year's present.

I know how sucky it is to live out of suitcases and having to visit your stuff in a storage unit. It blows goats man. I feel for ya.

Your boys are too friggin' cute. That second photo of Hudson colouring is a keeper!

Unknown said...

Whew, that's a long time but good things come to those who wait right? Right?? lol. Just think of the end result when you'll be moving into your newly renovated home! And yes, those 2 gorgeous little boys of yours are soooooo worth it! Hang in there Joyce! You can do it!

Sonia said...

That is a long time! But, you're right...home is where your loved ones are, regardless of if it's not truly your "home".

I hope you and the family have a wonderful Christmas and New Year and hope that the time it takes to get into your new home passes quickly.