Sunday, February 14, 2010

Devin's Story

He is destined to be a Stinker. Maybe even more so than his big brother Hudson. He was supposed to be born via a scheduled C-section on Febrary 12th. It was all planned. My sister Susan had taken a half day off of work so she could help my mother take care of Hudson while I was in the hospital. It was kinda weird knowing exactly when his birthday was going to be...down to the time...11:00am.



BUT...



Devin had totally different plans.



He didn't want to wait. He wanted OUT! He wanted to pick his own birthday. He didn't want his arrival to be "well planned" and "scheduled". He wanted to surprise us all.

Devin Isaac T. was born February 7th, at 9:46am, weighing 6 lbs, 11 ounces.

He came quickly...really quickly. I woke up at 6:30am feeling some cramps. An hour later I was sure my contractions were real. We left the house, headed for the hospital at 8:20am. Rob drove like a maniac while I grunted my way through the contractions. We had never toured the hospital birthing unit, so we didn't know which entrance we were supposed to go through (The Royal Victoria Hospital in Montreal is INSANELY big and confusing). We (of course) chose the wrong one. Which meant I had to walk a million miles to get to where I was supposed to go. I was already fully dilated by the time I got checked by the doctor in triage (10 plus 1 centimetres). There was no time to do anything but PUSH THE BABY OUT! 100% naturally. The Doctor said it was a textbook delivery. Yay me! Yay Devin!






8 days old

11 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh Joyce he is GORGEOUS!!!! What a cutie pie. I bet it's weird holding a newborn again, eh? So tiny and sweet.

What a story, but glad you and Devin are doing well. Hudson looks like he's super happy to be a big brother!

Congratulations to all of you! Best wishes for many happy moments in the months and years to come!

Audrey said...

Joyce, he is SOOOOO GORGEOUS! I love him. I want to hold him and kiss him! Thank you for posting those pictures. They are so cute. Please keep posting them more often.

Roz said...

YAY you! Congrats - he's ADORABLE!!

Unknown said...

Joyce, he is GORGEOUS! Talk about timing. haha! Hey, he was like Keira (she too came early and was fast). I love the pic of Hudson with his little bro. They already look like best friends. So adorable! Devin, it's really great to meet you, online. lol.

Congrats to you and your family! Can't wait to see him (after all our germy colds are gone). PS. Isn't Royal Vic a spiral crazy maze??! We know. wink wink.

Shannon said...

Oh Devin, that little bottom lip of your is too cute! Hope it's kissed a lot by Mama. Joyce, it's been like 12 hours. We need MORE photos now!!! ha ha

Anonymous said...

Thank God that Devin came out early and fast!!!! Congratulations, you guys and pray that Devin and Hudson is happy and healthy! Love ya! Love, Christina P

Kaili said...

He is SOOOOOO sweet! LOVE that he had other plans! Haha! Hope you are all well NOW! Hope Hudson is feeling better and things have settled down for you guys so that you can ENJOY those boys!! I bet Hudson is tickled pink about being a big bro!
Sending hugs! Congrats!!

Sonia said...

He's so sweet Joyce! Congrats to all of you!

The last picture is adorable! He looks like he's got his pout down pat.

Amanda Brown said...

Holy cow! I had no idea you had already had him! Just saw the maternity photos on Facebook yesterday and thought you still had a while to go. Devin is beautiful and you are a freakin' SUPERWOMAN to have delivered naturally. Awesome!

Amanda C said...

Congratulations. He is lovely. You were so brave, Joyce. I am so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Joyce!!! He is goreous, I am so happy for you. Cant wait till my turn for my second one, although I'm not due till august, but still. Congrats again, you deserve all the happiness in the world!

Cindy