Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Proud parent...

Normally when Hudson plays at the park, if another boy or girl butts in front of him to go down the slide (or whatever else piece of playground equipment), he would just stand there and let them. He was always too shy to say anything...which is kinda funny considering how BOSSY he is to people he knows (right, Romy???). But I would never say anything to the other kids either. Hudson would just take his turn when they were all done.

Not today.

It was cute (and refreshing) to see him tell another little boy..."It's MY turn!". The other boy said "non", and Hudson stood his ground and kept telling him "YES! My turn!". The other little boy's mother heard what was going on, and came over and made the boy give Hudson a turn. YAY! I was proud of him.

And you know how I've written before about how when things are too quiet, it usually means Hudson is up to something? Well...today he was up to making his first documentary. I think he's researching the dynamics of living with your grandparents. See the 1st draft for yourself...
(you may need to turn it up to hear my mother calling him in the background).

8 comments:

Susan said...

So how did Hudson know how to turn on the video? He is too funny...
I'm glad that he stood his ground finally with strangers (he's so NOT shy in our home, Hudson even tells me what snacks to buy for him!)

Sonia said...

Haha, what a smart stinker you have.

Good for Hudson for standing up for himself. Brandon still hasn't learned how to do that. He just moves aside and lets the other kids go, or he comes crying to me.

Unknown said...

That is the CUTEST thing I've heard so far!!!! I LOVE it! What a cute voice.

You know, don't we all secretly want our kids to fend for themselves no matter how fierce they might get? Who wants a wuss for a kid right? Way to go Hudson!

Joyce said...

this was one of FOUR videos Hudson secretly took with my camera. the others are all only a couple of seconds long, but this one made me laugh.

Audrey said...

That is awesome that Hudson stood his ground. Good for him! Didn't you also tell me that Bosco started to stand his ground too?

Love the video. Love his long pause and then him answering mom that he wanted some watermelon.

Anonymous said...

Maybe Hudson has a future in film!?

On vacation for two weeks starting Friday. Want to come over? I will contact you when we get home on Monday(we are going to TO for a soccer tournament)

Take care,

nat

Shannon said...

A budding director you have there Joyce! Too funny! I agree with Audrey - love the long pause befoe he answers. ha ha

And good for you Hudson for standing your ground!!

Cindy said...

That's awesome that he is standing up for himself. Tristan wont yet, he just stands back and takes it. I'm always worried though that he will get really mad and start hitting the other kids, cause he hits me when he gets mad enough.

Cute video, so funny that he knows how to turn it on.