Saturday, June 30, 2007

opposites attract??

my conversation with Rob went something like this yesterday after he found out that I bought some Baby Einstein DVD's online...

Rob: I saw that you bought some Baby Einstein DVD's. Doesn't $90.00 seem kinda much? (Handing me the printout of the email money transfer from the printer)

Me: No...it's a BRAND NEW set of 23 DVD's...including the "Baby Signs" one I wanted to buy anyway. Normally each DVD is $20.00! And it's free shipping.

Rob: Where did you buy them from?

Me: Some guy on "www.kijiji.com" (a used-stuff website). I'm supposed to get them on Tuesday.

Rob: So you just GAVE a perfect STRANGER $90.00 before receiving anything??? (a look of total disbelief)

Me: uh-huh. (sheepishly) ummmmm he had his phone number and address on the ad...

Rob: Ohhhh...well then it must be real (sarcastically)


Me: (silent...because I really didn't even consider for a second that I could be getting scammed)

Rob: (silent...because he couldn't believe that I WOULDN'T for a second believe that I might be getting
scammed)

So we'll have to wait and see if this turns out to be a $90.00 lesson on my part...

I still think I'm going to be receiving them...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will receive them!

Glen

Unknown said...

ooh-hoo-hoo hoo! yeah, you'll prob get them... I have those baby einstein dvd's. I could have just given them to you! We never watched them. well, 2 of them (as it was my sister-in-law who bought the lot and we HAD to watch em). Next time you want or need something, post a list on your blog and see who has it and is willing to give them to you for FREEEEEEE...

Audrey said...

I like Chantal's suggestion. Free does sound better than $90 buckeroos. And I too agree with the other two people, you WILL get those DVDs. I'd rather trust people rather than be suspicious. Naive? maybe a little but I'd rather live that way.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I think you'll get them too. I also like Chantal's idea..post what you need/want on your blog. I have a whole set of the Einstein DVD's..but not the newer ones. I could have given you my set too, as the kids are too old for them now.

Sonia

Joyce said...

i received them! and true to word, they were brand new...23 in the box set...including the newest "baby signs" one. he's watching one right now...

Shannon said...

Good job Joyce! Glad you got them in the mail. That's a pretty sweet deal for new ones! You are officially the "deal queen."