Sunday, February 19, 2006

A trip down Memory Lane...literally!
I'm sad to say the weekend is over. I LOVE not having to go to work, bad eh? Anyway, my weekend involved a visit to Starbucks for their new Cinnamon Dolce Latte (so yummy) and window shopping at Ikea (my two favorite pass-times)...AND...a call from Dina who I haven't spoken to in over three years!! It was so fun getting caught up with an old friend. And holy moly, a lot can happen in 3 years...a wedding, babies, house-buying, career changes, a little gossip...my ear was hot from talking on the phone for so long. Afterward, after running a few errands, Rob, Bosco and I went for a spontaneous trip to the "country" (Rob's idea since it was a beautiful sunny day here in Ottawa). We drove to the quaint little town of Merrickville, and got out of the car just long enough to take a short walk with Bosco (it was sunny but COLD and we didn't dress for it since we didn't know we were going to be outside). Anyway, on the way back home, Rob took a detour down a side road that caught his attention...and the houses were beautiful...totally Joyce-style...pointy roofs, wrap-around porches, tons of windows...and the name of the road was "Memory Lane"...I LOVE THAT STREET NAME...sounds so happy...
All in all a good relaxing weekend...and Audrey I did think of you often even if I didn't talk to you. Hope you aren't too stressed. Good night everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute. Joyce visiting Memory Lane. I wonder what the people in the houses were thinking....seeing you....just standing there, looking in their window....smiling....

Glen

Anonymous said...

Hi Pon,
I can't believe that I'm the 5th person adding a comment to your blog. I wanted to be the 1st! Oh man. Your weekend sounds fun and relaxing. Not at all like mine. But we have moved in quite nicely. call me. Our temporary number is 493-9385. Love you, A